Director, Branding & Content
Location: United States
Job Number: 45777
Employment Type: Full Time Associate
Position Title: Director, Branding & Content
The head of content marketing will play a crucial role in defining and driving the content strategy for Randstad’s new global technology organization’s omnichannel experiences. The head of content marketing will develop, deploy, and manage innovative strategies, ensuring our message is consistent and engaging and that it connects content and user journeys directly to business growth objectives across need states.
This is a key cross-functional leadership role that will be well-versed in strategic communications and implementing content strategies for original content and stories across owned, shared, paid, and earned platforms.
This position will be tasked with developing consistent and compelling media channel strategies that strengthen our brand awareness, drives B2B leads, and strengthen our relationship with our key audiences. This role requires collaboration with many internal teams across diverse markets as well as management of key external relationships with external partners including vendors and agencies.
The ideal candidate requires a balance of creativity, entrepreneurship, strategy, and analytical thinking. They think about the brand’s consumers first and understand how to create experiences as well as content for b2b companies in technology, IT consulting services, or fintech. They have perfected the brand voice and always involve human and emotional storytelling which makes them the ultimate brand champion.
duties and responsibilities
- Lead the creation and planning of best-in-class B2B campaigns in technology, IT consulting services, or fintech.
- Responsible for planning and creating high-quality and engaging content to distribute on the appropriate platforms to drive business success.
- Collaborate across functions to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and an effective journey messaging strategy to target the specific need states.
- Develop the editorial calendar and organize and manage workflows including delivery of content for owned and operated channels, social, partner teams, and other cross-functional teams as needed.
- Develop and execute a framework for the distribution of content across paid, owned, and earned outlets to drive exposure to desired audiences, quality engagements, and growth.
- Understand how to target the right audience at the right time through marketing automation & email nurtures, content syndication, paid & organic search & social, sponsored media programs, digital advertising, and more.
- Ensure brand positioning is integrated and reflected across all customer touchpoints and sales channels.
- Build differentiated content that drives brand consideration and preference and generates demand.
- Own and optimize sales communications and enablement around marketing campaigns.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to amplify the impact of campaigns on owned, earned, and paid media channels including creating audience insights to grow with new customers and reinforce engagement with existing ones.
- Manage creative partners to ensure strong working relationships and delivery of best-in-class creative output that drives brand awareness, relevance, and growth with targeted audiences.
- Partner closely with a small team to execute as a strategic lead, as well as remain closely involved "in the weeds"/tactical execution.
- Continuously evaluate and adjust strategies to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Research current trends and keywords and contribute to content idea generation.
- Develop and refine the corporate voice, and ensure consistency of voice across channels.
knowledge, skills, and abilities
- 8+ years experience in content design/strategy for b2b companies in technology, IT consulting services or fintech.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or a related field.
- Previous content strategy leadership experience is required.
- Experience in developing high-quality narratives around complex, data-driven topics through clear and compelling presentations, written overviews, and other formats.
- Proven experience creating compelling and exciting messages about complex topics for B2B technology audiences.
- Conceive, research, and write engaging content including (but not limited to): white papers, blogs, infographics, web content, SEO articles, e-books, videos, emails, and more.
- Strategic/creative thinker, detail-oriented, and highly organized.
- Familiarity with the basics of digital publishing: managing story development through a digital CMS, optimizing content for search engines and social channels, and measuring results.
- Understanding of conversion optimization, SEO best practices, growth marketing, and principles of experimentation across the marketing funnel.
- Excellent project and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands.
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically to deliver business results.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- An analytical mindset with a focus on measuring communications effectiveness, in driving meaningful actions from data, and generating results.
- Proficient with Google Suite tools including Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Gmail.
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced matrixed environment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple assignments, stringent deadlines, and changing priorities.
- Experience in change management and culture change initiative
What’s in it for you:
- Largest global staffing leader
- Competitive salary + bonus
- Excellent benefits package - medical, dental, vision
- Generous PTO policy earned from day one
- Education and professional development
- Rapid career growth
- Retirement savings and security
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid parental leave
- Short and long term disability
- Employee assistance program and health advocacy
- Health and dependent care flexible spending account
- Metlife auto and home insurance
- Metlife legal plan
- Referral reward program
- Exclusive discounts and programs with dozens of nationwide vendors and retailers
For certain positions, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable state/local mandates, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Ask your Randstad representative for more information.
At Randstad, we love to celebrate our hardworking diverse teams demonstrated through our ongoing commitment and diversity awards. Ranked as a 2022 DiversityInc Top 50 company, a Human Rights Campaign 2022 Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality, a Military Friendly company for Veterans, Military Spouses & Suppliers, and a 2022 Staffing Industry Analyst Top 50 Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Influencer to name a few. We are proud of our collaborative culture which is at the heart of Randstad. When you join Randstad you will receive opportunities for competitive & robust benefits, flexible schedules, and the assurance that everyone can be their authentic selves. We are seeking candidates from all backgrounds and demographics and a variety of industries to join a winning team!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact email@example.com.
The base salary range for this position is $114,000 - $180,100.
At Randstad, we know employees that are cared for holistically have the confidence to bring their fullest potential to work, so we make investments in our people.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate’s education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. Based on eligibility, a successful candidate’s total compensation may include a variable pay plan including bonus(es) and/or commission(s). In setting compensation, Randstad complies with all local wage and hour laws and while the pay range listed above is an annual amount, non-exempt employees will be paid hourly and therefore receive the hourly equivalent.
In addition, Randstad offers rich learning & development opportunities, a 401(k) plan, a stock purchase plan, and comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance to uniquely fit your needs. Randstad also focuses on overall wellbeing with our award-winning wellness program, a generous time off policy (including at least 18 paid days off in your first full year, 1 paid volunteer day, and 9 paid holidays), and offers discounts on everything from cell phone plans to car purchases.
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Branding & Content
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EEO Employer Verbiage Displays here
Location_formattedLocationLong: United States, US