Associate Data Scientist
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Job Number: 41402
Employment Type: Full Time Associate
Position Title: Associate Data Scientist
The Associate Data Scientist employs big data technologies and analytics techniques to process and analyze large amounts of data to derive insights and predictions that help improve business decisions. In order to do this, the Associate Data Scientist must be able to organize data, cleanse and normalize raw data, process data for statistical modeling using computers, and identify relationships and trends in data. The Associate Data Scientist must demonstrate strong programming skills and be able to develop, test, and deploy solutions that address different business problems. The Associate Data Scientist must have a strong educational foundation in data analytics, statistical modeling, advanced machine learning, artificial intelligence, database technology, computer programming, and software engineering. The Associate Data Scientist must be able to think analytically, and must be detail oriented. Also, the Associate Data Scientist should be able to effectively communicate with supervisors and business leaders who may not have strong data analytics or statistical background.
The Associate Data Scientist will usually work independently with guidance provided by the senior team members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data Analysis and Problem Solving: Use advanced analytics techniques to process and analyze large amounts of data to identify trends and relationships within the data and draw actionable insights. This requires being able to prepare data by organizing, adjusting and weighting the raw data, applying advanced analytics approaches, and processing large amounts of data using computers.
- Support and Testing: Use skills to validate the functionality of software solutions and provide necessary support to end-users to resolve different operational issues.
- Communication: Work with different teams (IT managers, Executives, Business Partners) to better understand the business and the challenges. Clearly articulate discoveries and insights and challenges with management. Troubleshoot medium complexity problems.
- Mentoring Junior Employees: Be actively involved with the training, assistance, and development of less experienced Big Data Analysts and Associate Data Scientists.
- Software Application Development: Use computer programming languages to implement and build statistical modeling or machine learning algorithms. Must be able to program, test, execute, debug, and deploy solutions.
Minimum Graduate Degree (Minimum Graduate Degree Masters Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Data Science, MIS, Management, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering or equivalent (PhD degree preferred))
3-5 years experience in:
- Database technology (Oracle, DB2, Bigquery, Hadoop, Impala, SQL, etc.)
- 3 5 Data Cleaning, Manipulation, Analysis, and Reporting
1-3 years experience in:
- 1 3 Machine Learning/Applied Statistics/Artificial Intelligence
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Business Impact: Intermediate Business Domain knowledge.
- Strategic Architect: Intermediate level understanding of technical area relevant to role.
- Influential Networker: Influential within team.
- Governance & Protection: Follows Risk management protocols.
- Culture of Innovation: Identifies opportunities for improvement within work area.
- Intellectual Strength: Demonstrated success working with abstract requirements. Intermediate ability to identify issues/gaps at early stage. Intermediate problem solving. Demonstrated ability to apply concepts appropriately.
- Agility: Ability to respond to customer needs with speed and accuracy. Willingness and eager to learn; is curious.
- Excellent Execution: Ability to follow standards & directions. Ability to multi-task and prioritize work. Accountable for personal results and teamwork. Asks for guidance as needed.
- Leadership: Sense of ownership & commitment. Values diverse perspectives. Has a high standard for own work and result.
- Connecting: Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate commitment and work collaboratively.
- Partnering: Basic situation analysis combining the technical and business point of view.
What’s in it for you:
- Largest global staffing leader
- Competitive salary + bonus
- Excellent benefits package - medical, dental, vision
- Generous PTO policy earned from day one
- Education and professional development
- Rapid career growth
- Retirement savings and security
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid parental leave
- Short and long term disability
- Employee assistance program and health advocacy
- Health and dependent care flexible spending account
- Metlife auto and home insurance
- Metlife legal plan
- Referral reward program
- Exclusive discounts and programs with dozens of nationwide vendors and retailers
At Randstad, we love to celebrate our hardworking diverse teams demonstrated through our ongoing commitment and diversity awards. Ranked as a 2021 DiversityInc Top 50 company, a 2021 Top 10 Global Champion for Supplier Diversity & Inclusion, a Military Friendly company for Veterans, Military Spouses & Suppliers, 2021 Staffing Industry Analyst Top 50 Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Influencer to name a few. We are proud of our collaborative culture which is at the heart of Randstad. When you join Randstad you will receive opportunities for competitive & robust benefits, flexible schedules, and the assurance that everyone can be their authentic selves. We are seeking candidates from all backgrounds and demographics and a variety of industries to join a winning team!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please just let us know.
For certain positions, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Data Scientist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EEO Employer Verbiage Displays here
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US