Business Development Specialist
Location: McLean, Virginia, United States
Job Number: 39730
Employment Type: Full Time Associate
Position Title: RT Bus Development Specialist
Randstad is the #1 HR Services Provider in the world, and we are hiring internally for an entry-level sales role to identify new business opportunities in the local market. Our Business Development Specialists are responsible for day-to-day cold calling, lead generation, appointment setting, and reference checking. We take the time to build relationships with clients and candidates so we can truly understand what they need and how we can help them succeed. Our people drive our business, connecting talented IT professionals with organizations where they can produce results.
What you get to do:
- Execute the activities that will gain results through cold calling and scheduling client meetings
- Conduct research to understand client’s industry and current objectives
- Make decisions on which solution is best suited to meet the client’s objectives
- Connect with current and potential clients via phone to grow prospects and sales
- Generate leads and schedule meetings
- Create scripts based on the best business approach for the client
- Generate market interest and actively solicit sales opportunities
- Consistently identify leads, obtain referrals, and schedule appointments
- Work independently with little direction and manage workload effectively
- Partner with marketing to follow up on conference lists, campaigns, and leads
- Engage in other sales-related duties as needed
- Document all sales notes and activity in CRM in a timely and professional manner
What you need to bring:
- Strong customer/client orientation
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to cold-call and overcome objections
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform work with minimal supervision
- Proficient computer skills to document activities
- Proficient using Google mail, calendaring and shared drives
For certain positions, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Ask your Randstad representative for more information.
At Randstad, we love to celebrate our hardworking diverse teams demonstrated through our ongoing commitment and diversity awards. Ranked as a 2021 DiversityInc Top 50 company, a 2021 Top 10 Global Champion for Supplier Diversity & Inclusion, a Military Friendly company for Veterans, Military Spouses & Suppliers, 2021 Staffing Industry Analyst Top 50 Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Influencer to name a few. We are proud of our collaborative culture which is at the heart of Randstad. When you join Randstad you will receive opportunities for competitive & robust benefits, flexible schedules, and the assurance that everyone can be their authentic selves. We are seeking candidates from all backgrounds and demographics and a variety of industries to join a winning team!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please just let us know.
Community / Marketing Title: Business Development Specialist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EEO Employer Verbiage Displays here
Location_formattedLocationLong: McLean, Virginia US