Senior Marketing Director
Location: United States, US
Job Number: 38951
Employment Type: Full Time Associate
Position Title: RSR Sr Director, Marketing NAM
about Randstad Sourceright
Randstad Sourceright provides solutions and expertise that help companies position for growth, execute on strategy and improve business agility. Working across the broad spectrum of Randstad’s operating companies, the collective experience encompasses all facets of the global talent spectrum, from acquisition of talent to outplacement solutions. Enabled by innovative technologies, key offerings include HR and recruitment solutions, managed services programs (MSP), recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) and total talent solutions.
Through an intelligence-led, technology-enabled approach, the objective of the Customer Acceleration Team (CAT) is to help define where Randstad needs to play and how to win to create a competitive advantage and drive enterprise customer growth and market share. Working in close partnership with sales, account management and Randstad operating companies, the CAT will create this competitive advantage through differentiated brand and customer value propositions, total talent model design, high performance and the quality of our own talent.
The CAT consists of six specialized domains including:
- The Intelligence team has the purpose to share proactive insights and services on where to play and how to win across market, sales and talent strategy.
- The B2B Marketing team is focused on building the market-leading enterprise brand in the marketplace, and attracting and engaging prospects and existing customers through a targeted account-based marketing approach.
- The Solutions Design and Bids team engages customers with differentiated customer value propositions and talent models that deliver measurable impact.
- The Talent Marketing team is dedicated to creating competitive differentiation by strategically supporting our clients and operations to increase direct hiring effectiveness via employer branding, talent experience and recruitment marketing, including advisory services.
- The Customer Success office drives a proactive company-wide initiative that leverages deep customer input and feedback to evolve our value propositions and services to meet and exceed our client’s strategic business goals.
- The Internal Communications team drives employee engagement and connection through innovative communications approaches and platforms.
purpose of the job
With a focus on measurable business contribution and outcomes, the Senior Marketing Director will be responsible for developing, managing and executing go-to-market plans for the responsible regions, in addition to our overall global marketing project management and internal communications strategy for enterprise.
By building the market-leading enterprise brand in the strategic talent solutions marketplace, the role is focused on leading the marketing team to attract and engage prospects and existing customers through a targeted account-based marketing approach. The role will also support the implementation of our global internal communication and employer brand strategies and will play a key part in increasing employee engagement and ensuring all employees feel connected and proud to work for Randstad Sourceright.
objectives of this role
- Collaborate with the business to uncover insights and strategies to develop and implement marketing and branding strategies for new and existing services and solutions, internally and externally
- Oversee and grow the marketing department, consistently identifying revenue opportunities within our established client base and managing consistent growth by securing new business opportunities
- Identify short-term and long-term scheduling, budget and resource needs, including the development and management of an annual marketing budget, expenditure spending and other financial considerations
- Understand key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools to provide financial forecasts and results, undertake marketing attribution reporting, and review campaign results and customer trends in order to translate results into actionable insights for the marketing team and the business
- Oversee the team across NAM, global projects and internal communications, providing guidance and feedback to other marketing & comms professionals
strategy and planning
- In line with business objectives, lead the development of our marketing & communications plans and goals working closely with senior management, HR, sales and account management to create an effective and efficient marketing & communications strategy
- Manage conception, development and implementation of the marketing & communications plan and programs to drive employee engagement, customer interest and sales (new business and account expansion) in line with business targets
- Understand the complex regulatory and workforce environments across the regions and recommend customer value propositions and innovative packaging to increase market share
- Analyze customer needs (ABSM intent + marketing analytics huddles) and current plans to provide a clear vision and strategy for each geography and customer segment
- Play a critical role in identifying new product/concept opportunities and developing go to market strategies and execution plans
- Spearhead the strategic and tactical execution of marketing campaigns, including design of test/control segmentation, implementation of tests, tracking, results reporting, analysis and recommendations
- Play a key role in the enterprise customer delight strategy and use customer feedback to ensure client satisfaction and communication of customer improvement
- Support the global internal communications team to ensure we are driving an engaging employer brand platform and communications strategy that impacts our engagement scores and elevates productivity in the NAM region
- Enroll all participating regions in marketing & communications recommendations, ensuring global projects are aligned to and prioritized across the business and teams
- Continually optimize the plans, learn from successes and failures and quickly scale the strongest execution across the region and globally
- Own the annual planning, monthly forecast and budget, risk and incremental opportunities for the NAM region and support global budget planning and execution
- Hold regular meetings with sales/account management/regional leadership to review pipeline, resolve challenges and present possible solutions, and provide ongoing training to ensure team consistently performs above standard
- Present marketing & communications performance to regional and global leadership, providing recommendations for continued growth and improvement
- Ensure brand consistency through all marketing & communications channels
- Effectively enroll multifunctional teams across marketing & communications and other enterprise teams to achieve project goals, vision and tactics
- Lead the team in brainstorming new and creative growth strategies and ideas
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Understand complex privacy requirements and ensure all marketing & communications activities adhere to GDPR
- Understand the importance of and utilize interpersonal skills to build strong collaborative relationships across a diverse, global marketing and leadership team
- Problem solve complex issues and find alternative solutions that meet regional and functional needs
- Mentor and coach team members and/or direct reports ensuring success in their roles
- Responsible for developing and encouraging excellence from a diverse, global team.
- Conduct performance evaluations, development planning, and succession planning for direct reports
- Harness best practices and create opportunities to support enterprise customer marketing initiatives across the Randstad Group
analysis and reporting
- Analyze total market performance, identify gaps and opportunities to drive incremental growth for the business
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize marketing & communications spend and performance based on the insights
- In partnership with Intelligence, Sales and Operations, create a performance scorecard and measure the impact of promotional and marketing activation
- Accelerate a data-driven communications model that draws on key employee analytics to improve employee engagement and growth
- Is capable of and can teach basic business concepts (ex: ROI) and analysis
- Can translate data and complex sets of information into clear presentations and recommendations for senior leadership and the marketing team
job requirements & education
- Bachelor's and Master’s degree in Marketing, Business, or comparable education/experience.
- 10+ years of relevant job experience
- Proven track record of success in senior marketing & communications roles Confident, driven and dynamic leader
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to identify original marketing opportunities
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Strong digital marketing skills, including competence in marketing tech/sales enablement programs, including (but not limited to) ABSM, HubSpot, PostBeyond, SalesForce, DOMO, Google Analytics, G-suite and more.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, particularly for internal/external presentations.
- Ability to manage a large, complex workload while focusing on key strategic priorities.
There is no specific location for this role.
Travel (regional and global) might be required.
At Randstad, we love to celebrate our hardworking diverse teams demonstrated through our ongoing commitment and diversity awards. Ranked as a 2021 DiversityInc Top 50 company, a 2021 Top 10 Global Champion for Supplier Diversity & Inclusion, a Military Friendly company for Veterans, Military Spouses & Suppliers, 2021 Staffing Industry Analyst Top 50 Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Influencer to name a few. We are proud of our collaborative culture which is at the heart of Randstad. When you join Randstad you will receive opportunities for competitive & robust benefits, flexible schedules, and the assurance that everyone can be their authentic selves. We are seeking candidates from all backgrounds and demographics and a variety of industries to join a winning team!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please just let us know.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Marketing Director
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EEO Employer Verbiage Displays here
Location_formattedLocationLong: United States, US