Software Application Developer III
Location: Atlanta, Georgia US
Job Number: 38256
Employment Type: Full Time Associate
Position Title: Software Application Dev III
Randstad is searching for a Software Application Developer for our Corporate location (Atlanta, GA), this is a full time, remote opportunity!
Seeking a Software Application Developer who has the desire to help us push forward in our quest to transform our current enterprise reporting capabilities from multiple legacy tools to Tableau.
We are on a journey to transform our current BI and reporting infrastructure from multiple legacy tools and solutions to a standard that will be used across Randstad globally (google big query - tableau). As we continue our transformation to the new platform, you will be required to cover a wide range of responsibilities from supporting our current state tools to ultimately supporting our dashboards and reports as we transition them to Tableau.
Initially you will focus on learning and supporting our current state tools and business within our SSRS platform. You will work closely with other team members providing production support, making enhancements and building new reports as needed to support our business. Later this year we will begin to deploy Tableau dashboards to production, and at that point you will support those new dashboards. You will provide similar production support and make enhancements as needed.
The ideal candidate must possess advanced SQL skills, ETL, Pentaho (pdi and ctools), Tableau, expertise in data warehousing methodologies and dimensional modeling. The candidate should have a demonstrable record of being able to juggle multiple priorities throughout the day, interact effectively with business stakeholders to gather and understand business requirements and reporting needs.
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate ability to build and maintain scalable and robust systems with extensive standard operating procedures for ease of maintenance to ensure that data is available to BI users in a predictable, reliable and SLA-supported manner.
he senior team members, and should be able to mentor and provide technical guidance to junior team members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Software Development: Responsible for software development including writing new software programs, maintaining existing software programs which includes enhancements and bug fixes. Activities in software development includes but not limited to: analysis of the requirements, determining feasibility, formulating plans required to develop new program, technical design, debugging, coding, unit testing, migration and/or installation, and documentation of changes.
- Production Support: Provide production support of day to day business operations, working to identify and resolve issues based on priority. Act as an advisor to junior team members, supervisors, or staff members to help meet established schedules and resolve technical or operational problems.
- Stakeholder support: Manage stakeholder communications, including conducting briefings and technical meetings for IT and business representatives. Stakeholders include organization managers and leaders as well as business partners. Communicate with stakeholders to discuss business requirements and explain programming logic as it relates to design and function, operational decisions, scheduling requirements or clarifications meetings.
- Mentoring and guidance: Provide technical direction to junior level developers; provide guidance and mentoring based on organizational goals and policy
- Minimum 4 Year / Bachelors Degree Computer Science, MIS, Software Engineering, Engineering or related field or equivalent
- 4 years Software Development (Design/Build/Unit Test/Migrate): Requires moderate supervision, ability to multitask, capable to handle complex programs with guidance
- 4 years Production Support: Able to perform root cause analysis to identify the problem
- 4 years Customer Support: Mid level contributor; demonstrated working in a team involving customers and other IT counterparts
- 4 years Technical Project Management & Stakeholder Communications: Mid level communication skills both written and verbal. Communicates well with technical counterparts and business counterparts.
- Technical Requirements for this role are as follows:
- Oracle & Sql Server database experience
- Advanced SQL skills
- Pentaho: pdi experience is a must and CTools is a nice to have
- Google Bigquery (Familiarity with GCP as a whole is a plus)
- Mentoring or leading others
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please just let us know.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Application Developer III
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EEO Employer Verbiage Displays here
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US