Corporate Counsel- Contract Review
Location: Atlanta, Georgia US
Job Number: 38195
Employment Type: Full Time Associate
Position Title: Senior Counsel
This position will review and analyze documents and contracts and will identify problem areas while ensuring compliance with contracts, policies, and agreements. Mentor/lead/develop others; manage delivery of products/services to achieve agreed end result; budget accountability; goals and objectives management; develop and maintain executive level relationships
- Guidance given: Assignments are received in objective oriented terms. Provides guidance to subordinate supervisors or high level staff specialists based on organizational goals and company policy. Work is reviewed in terms of meeting the organization’s objectives and schedules
- Policy involvement: Administers operating policies that affect subordinate multi-level organizational units. Interprets, executes and recommends modifications to organizational policies
- Accomplishes results through subordinate supervisors or exempt specialist associates. Modifies the structure of organizational units or a centralized functional activity subject to senior middle management approval.
- Direct Work Involvement/Complexity:
- Review and analyze customer contracts to identify areas of risk and recommend changes, especially with respect to warranties, limitation of liabilities and indemnification obligations
- Prepare redlined responses or exceptions to customer agreements consistent with company policies, service level agreements and business standards
- Ensure compliance with corporate contracting policies
- Lead or participate in customer contract negotiations, as requested and appropriate, and offer negotiation and / or recommendation points in customer contracts to sales teams
- Draft amendments, schedules and other ancillary customer contractual arrangements
- Enter contract information into the customer contract database
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally result in critical delays and modifications to project/operations; cause substantial expenditure of time, human resources, and funds; and jeopardize future business activity
- Frequent contact with equivalent level inter-organizational managers and customer representatives concern projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, or contractual clarification.
- J.D. from accredited U.S. law school
- Member of good standing of a bar of the U.S.
- 1 to 4 years of experience, gained in any combination of major law firm and / or in-house positions, in handling a broad range of contract law and commercial law
- 2-5 yrs experience reviewing contracts
- attorney with contract review experience strongly preferred
- a non-attorney with 5+ years experience reviewing client contracts (staffing industry preferred) would also be considered
- Customer service oriented and sensitive to the timing requirements of the business
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Ability to efficiently multitask and meet deadlines
- Superb interpersonal, leadership, and negotiation skills in addition to impeccable ethics
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please just let us know.
Community / Marketing Title: Corporate Counsel- Contract Review
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EEO Employer Verbiage Displays here
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US