Global Data Engineer
Location: United States, US
Job Number: 38192
Employment Type: Full Time Associate
Position Title: RSR Global Data Engineer
The mission of the business intelligence team is to create a data-driven culture which empowers leaders to integrate data into daily decisions and strategic planning. We aim to provide visibility, transparency, and guidance regarding the quantity and quality of results, activities, financial KPIs, and leading indicators to easily identify trends aimed at data-based decision-making.
The Data Engineer’s role is to design and develop software and computer systems. This person implements designs by writing computer programs, updating and troubleshooting or repairing existing programs to optimize operational efficiency. This role is also responsible for helping to develop and implement future technology roadmap initiatives.
Programming & Code Writing
- Build scalable and reusable libraries
- Follow industry best practices for coding and implementing new projects
Utilize agile and SDLC methodologies
Consulting & Partnership
- Serve as subject matter expert to create process and maintain templates for technical requirements gathering for functional and nonfunctional requirements in a standardized fashion
- Consult with business analysts to plan project execution including appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, resources, and establishing realistic completion times
- Utilize knowledge of technology roadmap to provide forward-thinking recommendations
Proactively partner with internal stakeholders to bridge gaps, provide historical references, and design the appropriate processes
Troubleshooting & Continuous Improvement
- Troubleshoot, and provide technical guidance to resolve issues related to misaligned or inaccurate data or data fields or new customer requirements
- Resolve escalated reporting requests and communicate proactively and timely
- Maintain new release, migration, and sprint schedules for software upgrades, enhancements, and fixes to aid with product evolution
- Write QA/QC Scripts to conduct first round of testing and partner with BA team for test validation for new developments prior to moving to production
- Use industry knowledge & feedback to aid in the development of technology roadmap and future product(s) vision
Document standard ways of working via QRGs, intranet pages, and video series
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, highly preferred, Master’s degree a plus
- 5-7 years software development experience with at least 3+ of years of experience as a data engineer
- Minimum of seven years of experience working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivery of software products to the market
- Project Management and/or process improvement experience highly preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of BigQuery , GHire, Plx, Data Studio, or similar products
- Working knowledge of Python language is preferred.
- Experience with Google cloud platform (GCP) is preferred.
- Knowledge of relational databases including SQL queries, database definition and schema design.
- Experience writing and maintaining extract, transform, and load scripts (ETLs) which operate on a variety of structured and unstructured sources.
- Strong understanding of software development
- Intrinsic motivation and problem-solving
- Proactive leadership, project management, time management, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated continuous improvement, process documentation, and workflow skills
- Extensive experience with data analysis , modeling and data pipelining including : data cleaning, standardizing, scaling, tuning , scheduling and deployment
- Experience composing detailed technical documentation and procedures for data models
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, tasks, and meeting deadlines while maintaining quality
- Strong drive and commitment for delivering outstanding results
- Strong follow up and service orientation
- Experience with developing front-end reporting with Business Intelligence suites and passionate about data visualizations and storytelling through data.
- Experience with presenting complex technical solutions to senior stakeholders.
Provides guidance, leadership, or training to other employees (no direct supervision)
Job Title this position reports: Director, Data Architecture
Community / Marketing Title: Global Data Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EEO Employer Verbiage Displays here
Location_formattedLocationLong: United States, US