Software Application Dev II
Location: Atlanta, Georgia US
Job Number: 37636
Employment Type: Full Time Associate
Position Title: Software Application Developer
The Software Application Developer II will design, develop, document, and maintain software programs and applications to support the business needs. The Software Application Developer II will work closely with others, such as Project Manager, Product Owners, Business Analysts, and Architects to analyze user needs, design, and create optimum software. Also, the Software Application Developer II will modify existing software to fix errors and enhance its functionality and performance. The Software Application Developer II must have a solid educational background in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS, Engineering, or related fields. Also, the Software Application Developer II must be experienced in the development environment, and related technologies outlined below, as well as have a good understanding of relational database concepts and be able to design databases within the application domain.
The Software Application Developer II should be able to handle moderately complex tasks independently, but may require some guidance from more senior team members on more complex tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Software Development: Responsible for software development including writing new software programs, maintaining existing software programs which include enhancements and bug fixes. Activities in software development include but not limited to: analysis of the requirements, determining feasibility, formulating plans required to develop new program, technical design, debugging, coding, unit testing, migration and/or installation, and documentation of changes.
- Production Support: Provide production support of day to day business operations, working to identify and resolve issues based on priority. Act as an advisor to junior team members, supervisors, or staff members to help meet established schedules and resolve technical or operational problems.
- Stakeholder support: Manage stakeholder communications, including conducting briefings and technical meetings for IT and business representatives. Stakeholders include organization managers and leaders as well as business partners. Communicate with stakeholders to discuss business requirements and explain programming logic as it relates to design and function, operational decisions, scheduling requirements or clarifications meetings.
- The position is primarily focused on web & mobile application development
- Design, develop, document, and maintain software programs and applications to support the business needs
- Develop & maintain the middleware based on Java technologies such as Spring Boot and Camel which will support both web & mobile platforms
- Interact with project managers, IT varied teams, external vendors as needed
- Knowledge and experience in technologies like Elastic Search to develop systems that operate with large data sets
- Support and add on to current infrastructure testing, monitoring and alerting
- Work with front-end development counterparts to create a seamless & integrated solution.
- Minimum 4 Year / Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, MIS, Software Engineering, Engineering or related field or equivalent
- Software Development (Design/Build/Unit Test/Migrate): Requires moderate supervision, ability to multitask, capable to handle complex programs with guidance
- Production Support: Able to perform root cause analysis to identify the problem
- Customer Support: Mid level contributor; demonstrated working in a team involving customers and other IT counterparts
- Technical Project Management & Stakeholder Communications: Mid level communication skills both written and verbal. Communicates well with technical counterparts and business counterparts.
- Highly preferred to have the knowledge of Kubernetes & Docker
- Familiarity with Elastic Search
- Familiarity with developing on cloud platforms – AWS and/or Google Cloud
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please just let us know.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Application Dev II
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EEO Employer Verbiage Displays here
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US