Location: Atlanta, Georgia US
Job Number: 37440
Employment Type: Full Time Associate
Position Title: Data Scientist
The Data Scientist employs big data technologies and analytics techniques to process and analyze large amounts of data to derive insights and predictions that help improve business decisions. In order to do this, the Data Scientist must be able to organize data, cleanse and normalize raw data, process data for statistical modeling using computers, and identify relationships and trends in data. The Data Scientist must demonstrate strong programming skills and be able to develop, test, and deploy solutions that address different business problems. The Data Scientist must also have a strong educational foundation in data analytics, statistical modeling, advanced machine learning, artificial intelligence, database technology, computer programming, and software engineering. The Data Scientist must be able to think analytically, and must be detail oriented. Also, the Data Scientist should be able to effectively communicate with supervisors and business leaders who may not have strong data analytics or statistical background.
The Data Scientist will usually work independently with guidance provided by the senior team members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data Analysis and Problem Solving: Use advanced analytics techniques to process and analyze large amounts of data to identify trends and relationships within the data and draw actionable insights. This requires being able to prepare data by organizing, adjusting and weighting the raw data, applying advanced analytics approaches, and processing large amounts of data using computers.
- Support and Testing: Use skills to validate the functionality of software solutions and provide necessary support to end-users to resolve different operational issues.
- Communication: Work with different teams (IT managers, Executives, Business Partners) to better understand the business and the challenges. Clearly articulate discoveries and insights and challenges with management. Troubleshoot medium complexity problems.
- Mentoring Junior Employees: Be actively involved with the training, assistance, and development of less experienced Big Data Analysts and Data Scientists.
- Software Application Development: Use computer programming languages to implement and build statistical modeling or machine learning algorithms. Must be able to program, test, execute, debug, and deploy solutions.
- Problem Formulation: Responsible for translating business problems into models which are used as the foundation for data-driven solutions. This requires understanding and being able to apply the current state of the art in big data, machine learning, and data science to business scenarios.
- Minimum, Masters Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Data Science, MIS, Management, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering or equivalent (PhD degree preferred)
- 5-10 years experience in Database technology (Oracle, DB2, Bigquery, Hadoop, Impala, SQL, etc.)
- 5-10 years experience in Data Cleaning, Manipulation, Analysis, and Reporting
- 5-10 years experience in Machine Learning/Applied Statistics/Artificial Intelligence
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please just let us know.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EEO Employer Verbiage Displays here
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US