Director of Digital Marketing- Systems Architecture
Location: United States, US
Job Number: 37260
Employment Type: Full Time Associate
Position Title: Sr Dir, Sltn Architect Mrkting
The Director of Digital Marketing- Systems Architecture supports the SVP of Product Strategy and Innovation and manages the technology strategy and technical architecture for Randstad’s Marketing Technology & messaging.
Engaging potential talent and customers has never been more important for the staffing industry than it is today. The success of the industry relies on its ability to communicate our value proposition effectively and drive engagement with both potential talent and customers to convert them to employees and clients. The Product Strategy & Innovation team is responsible for all digital experiences that directly interface with Randstad’s talent and customers including our website, mobile app, talent and customer automated engagement, and innovations that drive traffic, engagement, conversions, new experiences, brand satisfaction and retention.
This role reports into the Marketing organization and will lead the strategic efforts in creating an architecture and master plan that ties together our experiences, data, workflows, capabilities, applications, integration and back end services in a cohesive and integrated way. The team leads the efforts to architect scalable, modern experiences, platforms and solutions, using next generation enterprise architecture practices and emerging technology. The person in this role will work cross-functionally closely with global and local product organizations to ensure global and local rules of engagement are designed, followed and implemented - serving our efforts to align globally around a common framework and process.
- Develops a method to understand current and future business requirements and works with application owners, data domain owners and business leaders to ensure strategic business goals are met.
- Owns design and architecture of solutions and platforms related to Marketing Technology (MarTech), Mobile Applications and Mobile Backend Services, Design Frameworks and Cross-Platform Frontend Experiences. Is a subject matter expert of the principles, concepts and theories and has advanced knowledge of this business domain.
- Plays a critical role in external collaborations where Randstad is creating new intercompany capabilities with external vendors.
- Manages the design and architecture of external data and process integration.
- Supports application owners and business partners in the delivery of applications and platforms that utilize or connect to omni-channel marketing suites, web CMSs, mobile and hybrid applications and microservice strategies and architectures.
- Works with business stakeholders and Marketing Product leadership to craft go-to-market strategies for value-adding capabilities, content, services or applications that integrate with omni-channel marketing suites and digital publishing technologies.
- Consistently demonstrates excellent communication skills and is able to work effectively in a cross-functional, global and matrixed organization. Ensures accurate and timely communication of the project milestones and creates a high-functioning team environment.
- Highly focused on the business outcome desired vs. the output. Continuously measuring and monitoring outcomes of efforts for anticipated impact.
- Works with cross-functional teams to prioritize initiatives to ensure investments are focused on areas with the highest business value.
Strategy & Planning:
- Uses innovative business thinking to challenge the status quo and drive identification, quantification and proposal of business solutions
- Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/challenge; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally; can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future.
- Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state) and determine corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the targeted business outcomes.
- Facilitate exploration of new technologies, and new systems/configurations through reference implementation support & renewal for application in scope of this position.
- Accountable for the formulation of solution implementation approach, building consensus on approach, and providing technical execution oversight of such solutions.
- Accountable for designing complex systems at the component level, makes strategic technology choices, or directly supervises the work of those who are doing so.
- Influences management/senior staff decisions and serves as a company expert in solving highly complex problems within the MarTech and mobile/web platforms.
- Influences product and development team roadmaps to drive business goals forward while implementing best practices and ensuring other prioritizations are considered.
- Provides leadership in the definition of digital business APIs and connectivity that enables Randstad to integrate into the broader global ecosystem, enabling greater value exchange with partners & customers and the digitization/automation of end to end value streams & processes.
- Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles, at all levels of the organization; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Ensures effective, accurate and timely communication across the portfolio; prepares and delivers regular updates on project status, both in written and presentation format, to sponsors, business leaders and stakeholder groups.
- 10+ years of experience managing large projects/programs
- 5+ years of experience in deploying digital publishing and mobile app solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and evidence of enabling teamwork in a matrix environment
- Proven ability to build coalitions and develop strong partnerships across functions
- Strong diplomacy skills; able to navigate multiple stakeholders
- Executive presence and ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- An “execution mindset” focused on getting things done quickly and simply
- Direct experience with marketing automation platforms like SendGrid, Marketo, Hubspot, Iterable, Twillio and SalesForce Marketing Cloud.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited institution
- M.S., M.B.A., and/or background in HR, marketing, technology
- Direct experience with marketing/recruitment advertising platforms like Channable, Drift, Joveo, LogicMelon, eQuest, Broadbean or similar.
- Technical experience with data integrations and APIs
- Experience modeling complex business data and querying data stores for analysis and insights.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please just let us know.
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Digital Marketing- Systems Architecture
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EEO Employer Verbiage Displays here
Location_formattedLocationLong: United States, US