Technical Business Analyst
Location: United States, US
Job Number: 36685
Employment Type: Full Time Associate
Position Title: RSR Global BI Business Partner
The mission of the business intelligence team is to create a data-driven culture which empowers leaders to integrate data into daily decisions and strategic planning. We aim to provide visibility, transparency, and guidance regarding the quantity and quality of results, activities, financial KPIs, and leading indicators to easily identify trends aimed at data-based decision-making.
The purpose of this role is to provide analytical solutions to the Business Intelligence (BI) consumers and support the BI Business Intelligence Partners delivering a best in class strategic service driven by data analytics.
This position will assist in the operational and technical delivery of reporting, analytics, and visualization dashboards across all operating companies within RSR. This position will help develop processes and strategies to consolidate, automate, and improve reporting and dashboards for external clients and internal stakeholders.
Design and develop
- Assess operating reality to validate solution requirements and adjust as needed
- Assist in the design and development of insightful, scalable, and actionable visualizations
- Develop, document, and maintain a comprehensive quality management program
- Build, implement, and schedule production standards of files and reports to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Execute continuous process improvement process
- Knowledge of general database functions, data storage, data models, SQL, and data transfer protocols
- Testing and QA of BI development
- Project Management end to end technical projects
Subject Matter Expertise
- Complement the Business Intelligence Partners with deep dive analysis to translate the data into insights which highlight potential risks or commercial or improvement opportunities
- Using client data and insights to highlight and provide observations, provide recommendations and contribute to ongoing business discussions and decision making.
- Have commercial awareness
- Contribute to the success of a wider global team
- Maintain relationships with the wider BI function and BI internal consumers
- Serve as a functional and technical data visualization and business intelligence subject matter expert providing advice to both Business Intelligence Partners and the wider global BI function
- Work closely with data engineering teams and understand their methods and processes
- Work within the agreed parameters aligned to the global method of BI production
- Leverage an agile work environment to incorporate new innovative and value add components to existing portfolios
- Promote available resources and enterprise tools for operations training/coaching needs from a BI perspective
- Ensure data governance principles and guidelines are being met
- Assist with 3rd line support queries from BI stakeholders
- Troubleshoot complex technical issues
- Qualify and triage new requirements and change requests
- Produce and maintain BI documentation such as SOP’s and user guides high standard
- Promote standardization in production and in ways of working through the global teams
- Ensure Branding is maintained and adhered to
- Data integrity and quality standards are analyzed, reported, highlighted and driven at all levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred, Master’s degree a plus
- Project Management and/or process improvement experience highly preferred
- MI/Business Intelligence/Analytics background is essential
- Talent Acquisition/MSP/RPO/People Analytics experience is preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills required for various levels throughout external and internal organizations
- Demonstrated continuous improvement, process documentation, and workflow skills
- Excellent working knowledge of MS - Excel with knowledge of macros and pivot tables.
- Excellent working knowledge of Google products, and visualization tools such as Domo, Tableau, etc
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, tasks, and meeting deadlines while maintaining quality
- Ability to synthesize and analyze information and ideas
- Strong drive and commitment to delivering outstanding results
- Have the ability to provide value with the use of analytics to help achieve the account’s objectives and the client’s initiatives.
- Ability to create meaningful insights and metrics that aligned to business priorities and objectives
- Data visualization preferred; ability to interpret data and translate it to non tech (lamens) people.
- Ability to write SQL scripts
- Experience with relational databases including SQL queries, database definition and schema design.
- Familiarity with predictive/forecasting models
- End to end project management of technical BI projects
- Work autonomously
- Experience writing and maintaining extract, transform, and load scripts (ETLs) which operate on a variety of structured and unstructured sources.
- Experience with developing front-end reporting with Business Intelligence suites and passionate about data visualizations and storytelling through data.
- Experience with presenting complex technical solutions to senior stakeholders.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
Provides guidance, leadership, or training to other employees (no direct supervision)
Job Title this position reports: Regional BI Director
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please just let us know.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Business Analyst
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EEO Employer Verbiage Displays here
Location_formattedLocationLong: United States, US