Lead Software Engineer
Location: Atlanta, Georgia US
Job Number: 35412
Employment Type: Full Time Associate
Position Title: Software Engineer Lead
The Lead Software Engineer will guide a team of global engineers to work on designing, architecting and developing global scale data services to support business process efficiencies.. The primary focus will be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them. You will also be a hands on engineer, who still likes to get hands dirty and be responsible for end to end delivery.. Because we work on the cutting edge of a lot of technologies, this job requires a creative problem solver, resourced in getting things done, and productive working. You will work collaboratively in a team environment and provide continuous mentoring to junior members of the organization. You will have entrepreneurial spirit with desire to work in fast-paced, start up environment, with the ability to consistently deliver exceptional results on demanding timelines
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide hands-on leadership for a development team, building and enhancing our data services, in a micro service-oriented and highly scalable global environment. Actively work alongside product and program management partners to manage and prioritize engineering initiatives, infrastructure changes, maintenance and new feature requests.. Implement security measures by encrypting sensitive data
- Participate in feature reviews with product owners, designers and software engineers
- Support: Troubleshoot high complexity problems and guide others.
- Hands on development and provide technical leadership for both data services development and architecture design to the software engineering team using leading edge tools and methodologies. Guide and mentor other software engineers. Provide status updates to team members on a regular basis and clearly escalate issues and risks to IT management as needed. Use information gathered through prior experience, knowledge sharing with other software engineers, education and training to resolve issues and remove project barriers;
- Minimum 4 Year/ Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or equivalent
- 5+ years Experience as a software engineer designing, architecting and building global scale micro services with distributed architecture
- 5+ years Strong API development background and a deep understanding of developing micro services for large scale and high performance
- 5+ years Understanding of distributed computing principles, Programming Language (Python, Java, C, etc.)
- 3+ years Experience with some of the following: RabbitMQ, Kafka, Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Gitlab, Pub/Sub, etc.
- 2+ years Experience working with cloud technologies - GCP, AWS, Azure, etc., and database knowledge (BigQuery, Elastic Search, PostGres, etc.)
At Randstad, we love to celebrate our hardworking diverse teams demonstrated through our ongoing commitment and diversity awards. Ranked as a 2021 DiversityInc Top 50 company, a 2021 Top 10 Global Champion for Supplier Diversity & Inclusion, a Military Friendly company for Veterans, Military Spouses & Suppliers, 2021 Staffing Industry Analyst Top 50 Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Influencer to name a few. We are proud of our collaborative culture which is at the heart of Randstad. When you join Randstad you will receive opportunities for competitive & robust benefits, flexible schedules, and the assurance that everyone can be their authentic selves. We are seeking candidates from all backgrounds and demographics and a variety of industries to join a winning team!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please just let us know.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Software Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EEO Employer Verbiage Displays here
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US