Manager, Data Engineering
Location: Atlanta, Georgia US
Job Number: 34724
Employment Type: Full Time Associate
Position Title: Manager, Data Engineering
The Lead Data Engineer will work on collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing huge sets of data. The primary focus will be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them. You will also be responsible for integrating them with the architecture used across the company. Because we work on the cutting edge of a lot of technologies, this job requires a creative problem solver, resourced in getting things done, and productive working independently or collaboratively.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Data - Analysis, Modeling, Architecture, etc.: Expert; mentors others. Gather and process raw data at scale. Defining data retention policies. Work closely with our data science team (ad hoc analysis of the data). Acquire data from primary or secondary sources and maintain databases/systems. Create data sets and tables to store data. Make and test database schema changes when needed. Identify user needs to create and administer the data lake. Ingest and move data between databases that includes relational and no-SQL databases like Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB, Elastic Search, Google Bigquery etc.Implement security measures by encrypting sensitive data
- ETL Development: Expert; mentors others. Build and implement ETL processes. Modify ETL jobs to improve performance and efficiency
- Support: Troubleshoot high complexity problems and guides others.
- Team: Mentors others. Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Minimum 4 Year / Bachelors Degree
- Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or equivalent
- Minimum 8 Years of Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources utilizing ETL tools (Talend, Informatica, PDI, Kapow etc.)
- Minimum 8 Years of Strong knowledge of and experience with database systems (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Google BigQuery, MongoDB, Elastic Search etc.)
- Minimum 6 Years of Understanding of distributed computing principles, Programming Language (Python, Java, C, etc.)
- Minimum 6 Years of Experience with Big Data (Hadoop, Horton Works, etc.) and NoSQL databases, such as (Hbase, Spark, Hive, Cloudera etc.)
- Minimum 4 Years of Experience working with cloud technologies - GCP, AWS, Azure, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please just let us know.
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Data Engineering
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EEO Employer Verbiage Displays here
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US