Business Intelligence Manager
Location: United States, US
Job Number: 34674
Employment Type: Full Time Associate
Position Title: Manager Business Intelligence
Seeking a seasoned BI Manager who has both detailed code-level expertise and a broader strategic perspective to lead and strengthen the BI capabilities of Randstad.
We are on a journey to transform our current BI and reporting infrastructure from multiple legacy tools and solutions to a standard that will be used across Randstad globally (google big query - tableau). We are looking for someone who has similar experience participating in such a transformation. As we continue our transformation to the new platform, you will be required to cover a wide range of responsibilities from managing our existing BI infrastructure, reports, and user demands while also helping architect our new, robust offering.
You will lead a small team of 5 - 8 BI developers. The ideal candidate must possess deep expertise in data warehousing methodologies, dimensional modeling, and bring best practices with regard to master data management, ETL, and data governance. The candidate should have a demonstrable record of being able to interact effectively with business stakeholders at all levels in all functional areas to gather and understand business requirements and reporting needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead development and maintenance of operational, analytic, dashboard and executive-level reporting using Tableau, Pentaho, Looker, SSRS, and other BI tools
- Interact with functional business units to analyze, gather and prioritize business and reporting requirements
- Assume leadership role in designing and implementing effective data architecture including database models to store and retrieve data in both transactional and analytical environments. Activities will include development of proof-of-concepts.
- Manage work assignments and projects for team of 5 - 8 BI developers
- Formulate and provide status updates on project plans and schedules to meet goals/objectives
- Create and enforce corporate standards for data warehouse design and data integrity
- Ensure data architecture supports existing and future requirements of evolving business model
- Manage and mentor a team of developers, providing guidance to team members and implementing development plans to ensure growth of team members
- Evaluate, test and assist in selection of Reporting and BI tools.
- Monitor and stay abreast of key developments in BI industry
- Minimum 4 year Bachelor's Degree BA or BS in Information Systems, Information Technology, or Computer Science
- 10 years Working as data warehouse architect
- 5 years Experience with BI and Reporting Platforms such as Tableau, Pentaho, Looker
- 5 years Must possess deep expertise with OLTP design, data architecture, dimensional modeling, BI, ETL, and data governance
- Experience with Microsoft SSRS, SSAS and SSIS
- Must be equally adept working in Oracle and SQL Server environments using PLSQL and/or T-SQL
- Experience working with ERP Systems (Oracle, PeopleSoft etc.) and CRM (Salesforce, Microsoft CRM)
- Experience working with Cubes & MDX is a plus
- Exposure to Big Data technologies (i.e.: BigQuery, Hadoop, ElasticSearch, MongoDB)
- Equally comfortable with Unix/Linux vs Windows environments
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Visualization tool experience required using Tableau
- Must have passion for data architecture and business intelligence
- Must possess ability to communicate and interact effectively at both technical and business level
- Self-starter with strong work ethic willing to work in fast paced environment
- Strong team player with proven ability to work effectively cross-functionally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to evaluate and learn new technologies quickly
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Job Title to which this position reports: Director, QA & BI/Reporting
- Job Titles directly reporting to this position: Software Application Developer
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please just let us know.
Community / Marketing Title: Business Intelligence Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EEO Employer Verbiage Displays here
Location_formattedLocationLong: United States, US