New Business Development Manager, Outsourcing
Location: Deerfield, Illinois US
Job Number: 34255
Employment Type: Full Time Associate
Position Title: RLS Bus Dev Mgr, Outsourcing
The RLS Business Development Manager, Outsourcing (BDM) seeks, secures and grows new Outsourcing business through professional, consultative, and proactive sales activities at existing and new biopharma sponsors. The BDM effectively identifies and pursues new Outsourcing and Functional Service Provider (FSP) business opportunities while enhancing relationships with existing clients; keeps abreast of industry trends, competitors' services and acquisitions, and works in conjunction with upper management to develop and respond to new and existing Outsourcing business development opportunities. The BDM develops short and long-term sales strategies within their assigned territory including detailed account plans and new account targets by understanding the inside operations of their clients. Must have a long-range understanding of changes in the market and the ability to create opportunities based on client business challenges. The BDM will enter all client information and activities into our systems and perform other duties to move sales forward.
- Lead new business development efforts including proposal development, solution design and detailing, pricing and benchmarking and ability to leverage client relationship to present the best possible solution
- Responsible for development of responses for Requests for Information (RFI) and Proposal (RFP). Prepare text and budget for proposals, bid defense presentations and other related documents. Perform quality control edits on all proposal documents and oversee the finalization of documents and distribution to the customer.
- Actively network in the industry to establish relationships and to identify potential opportunities.
- Proactively keep abreast of the market trends and clients’ business environment. Possess the ability to leverage best practices, thought leadership and case studies to develop mind share that can be converted to market share.
- Maintain general knowledge of all Randstad service offerings for appropriate cross-selling opportunities.
- Handle follow-up related sales leads.
- Plan and coordinate all customer sales activities.
- Record all customer sales related activities in BullHorn.
- Provides weekly sales activity reports for management.
- Collaborate with the Outsourcing Team and Account Managers to implement strategies to expand relationships with existing clients and service areas.
- Collaborate with Outsourcing Team to prioritize list of target account opportunities.
- Analyze potential opportunities and develop sales plans for each target account. Develops client call cycle to achieve objectives and sales plan.
- Cultivate strong long-term relationships with key functional area heads within Outsourcing accounts and develop in-depth knowledge of the sponsor organization.
- Establishes, nurtures, and grows client relationships at the appropriate levels.
- Manage profitability for book of business.
- Serve as a liaison between the customer and Randstad Life Sciences.
- 7-10+ years of experience includes 5 years of relevant industry (CRO/Pharmaceutical) and/or a client facing role selling Outsourcing and FSP services to the Biotech and Pharmaceutical industries; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience in staffing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven track record of selling Outsourcing and Functional Service Provider (FSP) model services in a CRO environment
- Demonstrated ability to acquire and grow client base
- Excellent Business/Industry awareness and a thorough understanding of industry trends and impact on the business
- Solid understanding of drug discovery and development
- In-depth knowledge of Clinical Trial Management, Medical Writing, Drug Safety, Biostatistics and Data Management
- Excellent analytical skills in assessing and interpreting customer business data
- Ability to maintain demanding timelines
- Ability to influence others internally and externally
- Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Excellent skills using Microsoft Office Suite: MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel and Google
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and customers
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please just let us know.
Community / Marketing Title: New Business Development Manager, Outsourcing
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EEO Employer Verbiage Displays here
Location_formattedLocationLong: Deerfield, Illinois US