Location: Atlanta, Georgia US
Job Number: 33591
Employment Type: Full Time Associate
Position Title: Data Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities
• Data - Analysis, Modeling, Architecture, etc. - Completes work with some independence and some guidance from senior members of the team. Gather and process raw data at scale. . Work closely with our data science team (ad hoc analysis of the data). Acquire data from primary or secondary sources and maintain databases/systems. Create data sets and tables to store data. Make and test database schema changes when needed. Identify user needs to create and administer the data lake. Ingest and move data between databases that includes relational and no-SQL databases like Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB, Elastic Search, Google Bigquery etc.Implement security measures by encrypting sensitive data
• Support: Troubleshoot medium complexity problems
4 Year / Bachelor's Degree
- Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or equivalent
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources utilizing ETL tools (Talend, Informatica, PDI, Kapow etc.)
- Strong knowledge of and experience with database systems (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, google BigQuery, MongoDB, Elastic Search etc.)
- Understanding of distributed computing principles,
- Programming Language (Python, Java, C, etc.)
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as (Hbase, Spark, Hive, Cloudera etc.)
- World League IT Competencies
- Business Impact: Intermediate Business Domain knowledge.
- Strategic Architect: Intermediate level understanding of technical area relevant to role.
- Influential Networker: Influential within team.
- Governance & Protection: Follows Risk management protocols.
- Culture of Innovation: Identifies opportunities for improvement within work area.
- Proficient using Google mail, calendaring and shared drives
- Intellectual Strength: Demonstrated success working with abstract requirements. Intermediate Ability to identify issues/gaps at early stage. Intermediate Problem solving. Demonstrated ability to apply concepts appropriately.
- Agility: Ability to respond to customer needs with speed and accuracy. Willingness and eager to learn; is curious.
- Excellent Execution: Ability to follow standards & directions. Ability to multi-task and prioritize work. Accountable for personal results and teamwork. Asks for guidance as needed.
- Leadership: Sense of ownership & Commitment. Values diverse perspectives. Has a high standard for own work and result.
- Connecting: Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate commitment and work collaboratively.
- Partnering: Basic situation analysis combining the technical and business point of view.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please just let us know.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EEO Employer Verbiage Displays here
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US