Business Development Specialist
Location: Madison, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 33238
Employment Type: Full Time Associate
Position Title: RT Bus Development Specialist
Entry level sales role focused on day-to-day cold calling, lead generation, appointment setting and reference checking in an effort to identify new business opportunities in the local market
Duties and Responsibilities
• Contacts current and potential customers by phone to grow prospects and sales. Will need to research and understand customer’s industry and current objectives and then make decisions on which solution is best suited to meet the customer’s objectives
• Generates leads and meetings by connecting with local talent and market leaders at current and prospective clients.
• Writes and creates their own scripts based on what approach they take with the customer. Must be able to make quick decisions as the conversation can change based on what they learn about the company during their discussion.
• Generates market interest and actively solicits sales opportunities, will refer leads and schedule appointments as appropriate.
• Works independently with little direction and manages their workload evenly.
• Engages in other sales-related duties as needed, such as working with marketing to follow up on conference lists, campaigns and leads from other resources
• Documents all sales notes and activity in CRM in a timely and professional manner.
• Direct Work Involvement/Complexity:
• Responsible for all projects assigned to the team. Participates in establishing/administering centralized functional projects
• Erroneous decisions or recommendations would possibly result in delays and modifications to project/operations; possibly cause expenditure of time, human resources, and funds
• Frequent contacts with equivalent level inter-organizational managers and customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements or contractual clarification. Conducts briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Performs work under minimal supervision.
• Self-motivated and goal oriented.
• Strong customer/client orientation.
• Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Proficient computer skills to describe and document requirements and situations
• Works well in a team environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please just let us know.
Community / Marketing Title: Business Development Specialist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EEO Employer Verbiage Displays here
Location_formattedLocationLong: Madison, Wisconsin US