Location: Atlanta, Georgia US
Job Number: 32532
Employment Type: Full Time Associate
Position Title: Database Architect
The Database Architect is a highly skilled individual whose primary focus is design, recommend and implement standard practices to improve Oracle database performance with focus on utilizing advance feature and tuning practices of Oracle. Implement policies and procedures to identify and correct tuning, configuration and implementation issues with Oracle databases. This position is responsible for installation, administration, maintenance and optimizing performance of various database environments within Randstad.
- Provide Production & Development Database Administration (DBA) support.
- Create database objects
- Execute SQL scripts to modify data
- User access management
- Review daily database jobs and database alerts
- Database Refreshes
- Proactive Database monitoring
- Work with developers to optimize, improve and tune new or existing queries by rewriting queries or modifying indexes
- Participate in the planning, installation, configuration, upgrades and maintenance of database instances
- Troubleshoot/Resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues and database replication issues.
- Participate in strategic planning. Develop technical standards and review the environments to ensure compliance with standards. Perform short and long-range planning needs for databases and applications, focusing on performance and sizing characteristics to determine upcoming storage, CPU, memory, and network needs.
- Assist in providing technical guidance, support and training to the database administration staff
Education & Qualifications (Required and Preferred):
- BS degree or equivalent required
- 10-15 years of DBA experience supporting SQL Server, Oracle and SSRS in a corporate environment. Experience in migrating Oracle on Aix to Linux.
- Outstanding performance tuning and troubleshooting skills with a positive attitude.
- Outstanding Oracle SQL tuning skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to multitask in a dynamic fast paced environment with multiple priorities
- Customer centric with strong interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal
- In-depth knowledge of database engine and database internals
- Strong operational knowledge of Oracle and all aspect of tuning Oracle database.
- Knowledge of Golden Gate a plus.
- Experience in implementing Oracle Directory services.
- Strong knowledge of Shell Scripting, AIX, Linux and Microsoft Server Platforms
- Detailed knowledge of query optimizer and how it relates to query performance
- Must be detail oriented and have ability to work in a multi-tasking environment with excellent problem determination, root cause analysis skills.
- Experience in upgrading databases, applying security patches and service packs
- Ability to grasp advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts and creatively solve database issues
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must have experience in migrating Oracle from Aix to Linux.
- Proficient using Google mail, calendaring and shared drives
Community / Marketing Title: Database Architect
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EEO Employer Verbiage Displays here
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US