Lead Data Scientist
Location: Atlanta, Georgia US
Job Number: 32385
Employment Type: Full Time Associate
Position Title: Lead Data Scientist
Duties and Responsibilities
Data Analysis and Problem Solving:
- Work with different teams (IT managers, Executives, Business Partners) to better understand the business and the challenges. Clearly articulate discoveries and insights and challenges with management. Troubleshoot medium complexity problems.
- Mentoring Junior Employees: Be actively involved with the training, assistance, and development of less experienced Big Data Analysts and Data Scientists.
- Software Application Development: Use computer programming languages to implement and build statistical modeling or machine learning algorithms. Must be able to program, test, execute, debug, and deploy solutions.
- Problem Formulation: Responsible for translating business problems into models which are used as the foundation for data-driven solutions. This requires understanding and being able to apply the current state of the art in big data, machine learning, and data science to business scenarios.
- Minimum Graduate Degree Masters Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Data Science, MIS, Management, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering or equivalent (PhD degree preferred)
- Minimum 5 Years of Experience to Maximum 10 Years of Experience of Database technology (Oracle, DB2, Bigquery, Hadoop, Impala, SQL, etc.)
- Minimum 5 Years of Experience to Maximum 10 Years of Experience of Data Cleaning, Manipulation, Analysis, and Reporting
- Minimum 5 Years of Experience to Maximum 10 Years of Experience of Machine Learning/Applied Statistics/Artificial Intelligence
• World League IT Competencies
• Business Impact: Intermediate Business Domain knowledge.
• Strategic Architect: Intermediate level understanding of technical area relevant to role.
• Influential Networker: Influential within team.
• Governance & Protection: Follows Risk management protocols.
• Culture of Innovation: Identifies opportunities for improvement within work area.
• Leadership 2020 Competencies
• Intellectual Strength: Demonstrated success working with abstract requirements. Intermediate ability to identify issues/gaps at early stage. Intermediate problem solving. Demonstrated ability to apply concepts appropriately.
• Agility: Ability to respond to customer needs with speed and accuracy. Willingness and eager to learn; is curious.
• Excellent Execution: Ability to follow standards & directions. Ability to multi-task and prioritize work. Accountable for personal results and teamwork. Asks for guidance as needed.
• Leadership: Sense of ownership & commitment. Values diverse perspectives. Has a high standard for own work and result.
• Connecting: Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate commitment and work collaboratively.
• Partnering: Basic situation analysis combining the technical and business point of view.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please just let us know.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Data Scientist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EEO Employer Verbiage Displays here
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US