University Relations Manager
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Job Number: 31104
Employment Type: Contract
Position Title: Dummy Jobcode for RSR/RPO Talent
University Relations Manager (Can be located in Raleigh or midwest)
The role of the junior University Relations Manager (UR Manager) is to develop and enhance Cisco’s campus visibility in order to recruit and hire the best talent for Cisco. The UR Manager is the ambassador and owner for a particular group of target universities. You will maintain our presence at these institutions but you'll also be in constant contact with internal business units and teams to determine recruiting initiatives based on the company's hiring needs. You'll interact a great deal with university representatives and students to schedule events, interviews and other outreach activities. You will partner with campus teams and other appropriate staff, (i.e., staffing, business leaders, school ambassadors, alumni teams and other internal groups) to ensure successful implementation of events to maximize hiring outcomes.
- Collaborate with the Campus Team Executives (VP’s and SVP’s) and cross-functional campus managers to develop university recruiting strategies at targeted universities
- Develop operational plans and branding activities at assigned schools along with the campus leads, to attract top early career talent.
- Develop relationships with deans, department heads, faculty/staff, alumni and student organizations.
- Create detailed school strategic plans, with clearly defined objectives, desired outcomes, diversity recruiting plans, and calendar of events.
- Partner with the recruiting team to assist with fulfillment.
- Manage university specific campus teams to ensure the following: appropriate selection of team members, clear role definitions/responsibilities, coach and prepare the campus team members for campus visits and coordinate closely to ensure unified recruiting/branding approach.
- Develop, communicate and implement university relations workshops, training and toolkits to ensure that campus teams and presenters have the necessary information and skills needed to be effective on campus.
- The ability to influence and persuade in order to develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships.
- Develop, implement and execute on-campus events that include: Info Sessions, executive visits, faculty visits, on-campus interviews, office hours and events with student organizations.
- Develop strong relationships with diversity organizations and student organizations.
- Partner with stakeholders to annually assess each target universities’ performance to determine overall effectiveness, review analyses with key stakeholders and use data and feedback to make long-term decisions related to each school. This includes conducting research and analysis on school data, demographics, placement statistics, school ratings, competitiveness and peer groups and majors and programs available to help formulate actionable plans to increase hiring success from these schools.
- Bachelor degree required and 2-4 years’ related experience.
- Previous university recruiting experience is strongly desired.
- Significant Staffing experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and have ownership over programs & processes with minimal supervision – ability to create a strategy and execute against it.
- Proven ability to problem solve and influence at all levels.
- Proven ability to clearly and effectively communicate to diverse audiences while maintaining a high level of energy and enthusiasm - strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Applies knowledge of Cisco’s business strategies to proactively anticipate business needs based on industry trends.
- Provides strategic leadership to the business unit campus teams.
- Responsible for strategic decisions that will affect the success of Cisco’s overall university relations operations; is viewed as a subject matter UR expert; serves as a consultative business partner to UR client groups on broad or complex business issues, integrating functional expertise/experience, client’s business objectives and marketplace factors.
- Passion for Cisco, emerging technology and the overall university experience.
- Some travel is required. Fall travel (60-70%) and spring (40-50%).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Community / Marketing Title: University Relations Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EEO Employer Verbiage Displays here
Location_formattedLocationLong: Raleigh, North Carolina US