Internal payroll specialist
Location: Atlanta, Georgia US
Job Number: 28044
Employment Type: Full Time Associate
Position Title: Bus Services Sr. Specialist II
Business Services Specialist, Payroll
Execute day-to-day payroll responsibilities. Process all transactions necessary to ensure 100% right-first-time payroll. Participate in proactive, multi-tasking team environment to achieve departmental and company goals.
Payroll size: 1,200+ payees, multiple locations. 1 -2 payroll runs per week, with second used to capture exceptions.
In the staffing industry, payroll is a core competency, not back office support.
- Reports to Payroll Manager
- Identify and report any potential database issues
- Maintain database accuracy through validation queries
- Run Payroll processes
- Correct payroll errors and exceptions to ensure proper payment
- Process bank transactions, including stop payments, direct deposit recalls and check inquiries
- Process exception checks and check reissues
- Process pay adjustments, including refunds, overrides, additional deductions, and garnishments
- Print and distribute paychecks and advices, as required
- Process HR transactions
- Maintain employee data
- Perform other duties as assigned
The following are essential job accountabilities:
- Execute right-first-time payroll.
- Adhere to controls put in place to safeguard company assets.
- Review audit reports and follow up on any issues.
- Constantly seek out improvements in processes/procedures.
- Provide excellent customer service to all encountered.
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to execute multiple tasks simultaneously, to meet deadlines, and exceed goals in high-pressure situations.
- Problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal communication skills.
- Execute payroll as described.
- Ensure department productivity and company objectives are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or other applicable discipline preferred.
- 5+ years of demonstrated work experience in human resources or payroll team role.
- Canadian payroll experience
- PeopleSoft experience preferred
- ADP experience preferred
- Intermediate Excel skills
Interested candidates should apply online at www.randstadusa.com/jobs/ You may also contact Valerie Hunter at Valerie.email@example.com for additional information.
Get to know us and find out "What More Could You Do" at Randstad.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Community / Marketing Title: Internal payroll specialist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EEO Employer Verbiage Displays here
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US