Big Data Engineer
Location: Atlanta, Georgia US
Job Number: 32159
Employment Type: Full Time Associate
Position Title: Data Engineer II
The Data Engineer II will be responsible for collecting, storing, and analyzing huge sets of data. Primary focus will be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them. Integrate these solutions with the architecture used across the company. Perform ETL Development including building and implementing ETL processes, modifying ETL jobs to improve performance and efficiency, and troubleshooting medium complexity problems. Perform analysis, modeling and architecture. Gather and process raw data at scale and work closely with data science team (ad hoc analysis of the data). Acquire data from primary and/or secondary sources and maintain databases and systems including creating data sets and tables to store data, making and testing database schema changes when needed. Identify user needs to create and administer the data lake, ingest and move data between databases that includes relational and no-SQL databases like Oracle, SQL server, MongoDB, Elastic Search, and Google BigQuery. Implement security measures by encrypting sensitive data.
- 4 Year / Bachelor’s Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Quantitative & Computational Finance, Engineering or a related analytical field.
- 2 years of experience, including proficiency in building ETL pipelines integrating data from multiple data sources utilizing tools (Talend, Informatica, Pentaho data integration, Kofax RPA, etc.), proficiency with relational and NoSQL database systems (Oracle, SQLServer, Google Bigquery, Mongo, Elasticsearch, etc.), demonstrated understanding of distributed computing principles, proficiency with object oriented programming Languages (Python, Java, etc.), proficiency with Big Data frameworks (Hadoop, HortonWorks), experience with cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure, etc.).
- Will also accept Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Quantitative & Computational Finance, Engineering or a related analytical field and experience in the above-listed technologies.
World League IT Competencies
- Business Impact: Intermediate Business Domain knowledge.
- Strategic Architect: Intermediate level understanding of technical area relevant to role.
- Influential Networker: Influential within team.
- Governance & Protection: Follows Risk management protocols.
- Culture of Innovation: Identifies opportunities for improvement within work area.
Leadership 2020 Competencies
- Intellectual Strength: Demonstrated success working with abstract requirements. Intermediate Ability to identify issues/gaps at early stage. Intermediate Problem solving. Demonstrated ability to apply concepts appropriately.
- Agility: Ability to respond to customer needs with speed and accuracy. Willingness and eager to learn; is curious.
- Excellent Execution: Ability to follow standards & directions. Ability to multi-task and prioritize work. Accountable for personal results and teamwork. Asks for guidance as needed.
- Leadership: Sense of ownership & Commitment. Values diverse perspectives. Has a high standard for own work and result.
- Connecting: Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate commitment and work collaboratively.
- Partnering: Basic situation analysis combining the technical and business point of view.
Randstad is the global leader in the HR services industry. We support people and organizations in realizing their true potential by combining the power of today’s technology with our passion for people. We call it Human Forward. In 2019, we helped more than two million candidates find a meaningful job with our 280,000 clients. Furthermore, we trained more than 350,000 people. Randstad is active in 38 markets around the world and has top-three positions in almost half of these. In 2019, Randstad had on average 38,280 corporate employees and generated revenue of € 23.7 billion. Randstad was founded in 1960 and is headquartered in Diemen, the Netherlands. Randstad N.V. is listed on the NYSE Euronext (symbol: RAND.AS). For more information, see www.randstad.com
Find out what it's like to walk a mile in the shoes of a Randstad employee.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please just let us know.
Community / Marketing Title: Big Data Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EEO Employer Verbiage Displays here
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US