Director of Consulting Services
Location: Austin, Texas US
Job Number: 31227
Employment Type: Full Time Associate
Position Title: TAT Dir of Consulting Services
Tatum, a Randstad Company, is a well-established and trusted executive consulting services firm. We help companies confront challenges arising at any stage of the business life cycle. Tatum provides senior-level interim and project consultants in addition to highly regarded executive search services.
The Director of Consulting Services is responsible for acquiring and growing revenue with new and existing clients by developing business at target companies and by growing the local market across Tatum’s lines of business.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for business development and generating new client relationships. Only candidates currently living in Austin will be considered.
- Meet gross profit targets through personal production, responsible for selling Statement of Work (SOW) and Consulting Services within the Austin and San Antonio region.
- Evaluate the potential for the business, identify current business strengths, and grow the business through new client acquisition and increase of market share.
- Establish pay rates and bill rates in line with company's gross profit and gross margin targets.
- Drive the sales effort with continual contact and face to face meetings with C level executives, business partners and private equity professionals.
- Maintain, build and grow client relationships, positioning Tatum as an industry leader.
- Manage relationships with current clients to identify future needs and provide thought leadership.
- Achieve budget profitability and identify opportunities for new revenue streams through internal/personal networking, supporting the sales process regionally and staying abreast of industry/market trends.
- Ensure appropriate business controls are in place to satisfy audit requirements and to protect customers and company assets.
- Work with the talent team to ensure that an external talent pipeline is identified matching the regional focus.
- Track, analyze, communicate & manage overall progress of sales & recruiting efforts against activity targets – daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Establish, enhance and communicate business plans with Executive Leaders to define and drive strategies to maximize profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure profitability and health of region via key wellness indicators, financial and operational reporting, compliance, pricing, etc.
- Support client operations by providing top quality service and promptly investigate any talent/client issues or concerns.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; accounting or finance preferred
- MBA or additional degree is a plus, as is CPA certification
- 10+ years of relevant business development and client management experience required.
- Client management experience in related Big 4, or consulting in the area of Accounting, Finance and Audit or Information management/Technology.
- Prior success in selling professional services, networking and generating leads as a business developer.
- Strong professional network in the Austin area.
- Proven track record of building relationships with C-level executives, management and financial/technology decision-makers at target companies and referral sources, generating leads and developing business
- Ability to target companies for meetings and obtain meetings with little or no assistance
- Understanding and experience in using industry lead generation tools
- Successful relationship management
- Proven, consistent track record of delivering $1-3 million in revenue per year
- Success in playing the lead role in sales pursuits – working effectively with internal business development teams, describing and documenting client requirements, delivering proposals, communicating proposals, presenting to C-level executives, and negotiating engagement terms with clients
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex accounts or projects; in executing processes to help ensure client and stakeholder objectives are met
- Entrepreneurial spirit – driven to achieve personal and company goals
- Strong communication skills including the ability to articulate via the phone and in person
- Ability to negotiate and influence others
- Understanding and experience in cold calling
- Adaptable and flexible to change and appreciates sense of urgency in completing tasks
Please submit your application and reach out to email@example.com with any questions.
Randstad is the global leader in the HR services industry. We support people and organizations in realizing their true potential. We do this by combining the power of today’s technology with our passion for people. We call it Human Forward. Our services range from regular temporary Staffing and permanent placements to Inhouse Services, Professionals, and HR Solutions, including Recruitment Process Outsourcing, Managed Services Programs and outplacement. Randstad is active in 38 countries around the world and has top-three positions in almost half of these. In 2018, Randstad had on average 38,820 corporate employees and 4,826 branches and Inhouse locations. In 2018, Randstad generated revenue of € 23.8 billion and holds the world’s number one position in its industry since November 2018. Randstad was founded in 1960 and is headquartered in Diemen, the Netherlands. Randstad N.V. is listed on the NYSE Euronext Amsterdam, where options for stocks in Randstad are also traded.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please just let us know.
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Consulting Services
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EEO Employer Verbiage Displays here
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US