Internal Payroll Business Senior Specialist
Location: Atlanta, Georgia US
Job Number: 31103
Employment Type: Full Time Associate
Position Title: Bus Services Sr Specialist
Responsible for the execution of day-to-day payroll processing. Process all transactions necessary to ensure 100% right-first-time payroll. Participate in proactive, multi-tasking team environment to achieve departmental and company goals. The Senior Specialist will work directly with the Manager/Senior Manager and payroll team to coordinate activities with other business partners within the company.
In the staffing industry, payroll is a core competency; not back office support.
- Reports to Payroll Manager
- Maintain database accuracy through validation queries
- Research and identify possible W2 issues and create W2C requests as applicable
- Research tax related issues and determine appropriate resolution
- Monitor and assist in the resolution of escalated internal payroll issues and inquiries from internal customers and agencies
- Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and liaison for Accounting, Benefits, Compensation, Human Resources, IT Business Integration, Tax, and Treasury
- Assist with balance sheet reconciliations and issue resolution
- Continuous education and development to remain knowledgeable on current payroll rules and regulations
- Maintain and own training materials for payroll team manual
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Position Accountabilities
The following are essential job accountabilities:
- Execute right-first-time payroll.
- Adhere to controls put in place to safeguard company assets.
- Provide excellent customer service to all encountered.
- Review audit reports and follow up on any issues.
- Constantly seek out improvements in processes/procedures
- Job Specifications
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to execute multiple tasks simultaneously, to meet deadlines, and exceed goals in high-pressure situations.
- Problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines, and exceed goals in high-pressure situations
- Organizational skills
- Ability to apply sound judgment and decision-making skills in dealing with a variety of routine and non-routine issues, often with limited standardization
- Execute payroll as described.
- Ensure department productivity and that company objectives are met.
- Collaborate with other functional areas to maintain productivity and ensure department and company objectives
- Processing of or management of large volume/complexed payrolls
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or other applicable discipline preferred.
- 5+ years of demonstrated work experience in human resources or payroll related team role.
- PeopleSoft experience preferred
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Staffing industry experience preferred, not required.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Proficient using Google mail, calendaring and shared drives
about RandstadRandstad is the global leader in the HR services industry. We support people and organizations in realizing their true potential. We do this by combining the power of today’s technology with our passion for people. We call it Human Forward. Our services range from regular temporary Staffing and permanent placements to Inhouse Services, Professionals, and HR Solutions, including Recruitment Process Outsourcing, Managed Services Programs and outplacement. Randstad is active in 38 countries around the world and has top-three positions in almost half of these. In 2018, Randstad had on average 38,820 corporate employees and 4,826 branches and Inhouse locations. In 2018, Randstad generated revenue of € 23.8 billion and holds the world’s number one position in its industry since November 2018. Randstad was founded in 1960 and is headquartered in Diemen, the Netherlands. Randstad N.V. is listed on the NYSE Euronext Amsterdam, where options for stocks in Randstad are also traded.
Get to know us and find out "What More Could You Do" at Randstad
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please just let us know.
Community / Marketing Title: Internal Payroll Business Senior Specialist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EEO Employer Verbiage Displays here
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US